Salem First Friday announces May 3rd participants & deals
SALEM – Salem Main Streets has announced the official lineup for their May edition of Salem First Friday. The monthly program brings special activities and deals to downtown businesses in Salem, bringing more night life to consumers, musicians, artists, authors and others looking to mingle and go local.
Special events & entertainment as well as discounts and promotions will be offered into the evening hours of Friday, May 3, 2013 throughout the community. A full list of events can be found below.
Parents can enjoy Salem First Friday and leave the kids’ at the Y! From 6 to 9PM, leave your 5 through 12 year olds at the Salem Y. While you enjoy First Friday events your kids will enjoy well supervised gym activities, gymnastics, sports, arts and crafts, swimming, and dancing! Pizza & drinks are included. Mention Salem First Friday and save $5.00 off the $15.00 fee. Space is limited and you must call ahead to save a spot www.northshoreymca.org/locations/salem/. Call (978) 740-9622.
- Finz Seafood and Grill (76 Wharf Street): Stop in for $1.00 oysters ($1.00 per oyster) (5-7pm). Enjoy the music of Joe Young (8pm). Visit www.hipfinz.com or call 978-744-8485.
- RJ Coins and Jewelry (68 Wharf Street): Coin Collecting for Beginners of all Ages! Come in and let one of our friendly coin experts share their enthusiasm for coin collecting and get you started on this fun and affordable hobby. Hourly drawings for a 2013 Red Book and a FREE coin from our treasure chest for kids 12 and under. Visit www.rjcoinsjewelry.com or call 978-745-8563.
- Salem Waterfront Hotel & Marina (225 Derby Street): Enjoy appetizers at 50% off from 4:30-6:30 pm while being entertained by local performer Erinn Brown. Visit www.SalemWaterfrontHotel.com or call 978-740-8788.
- The Picklepot (75 Wharf Street): Cooking demo with Katelyn Madden using Mexican Ribs in celebration of Cinco De Mayo. Visit www.picklepot.com or call 978-744-6678.
- The Scarlet Letter Press (102 Wharf Street): Join us for an hour-long “Ghost Hunting 101” investigation that includes EMF detectors, EVP recordings and more! At the conclusion of the investigation the findings will be shared with all as well as a question and answer segment about ghost hunting. Visit www.tslpress.com or call 978-741-1850.
- Victoria Station/Vic’s Boathouse (86 Wharf Street): Stop in for $1.00 Shrimp Cocktail ($1.00 per shrimp) (6-8pm). Visit www.victoriastationsalem.com or call 978-745-3400.
- Artemisia Botanicals (3 Hawthorne Blvd): Stop by and enjoy our belated 16th anniversary with Lavender crèmes and Hibiscus lemon aid. We also have a 45% sale on clothing. Visit www.artemisiabotanicals.com or call 978-745-0065.
- Kensington-Stobart Gallery (The Hawthorne Hotel): Kids’ Carnival from 3 to 5PM. Katy Bratun will read “Rabbits’ Carnival” and kids will make carousel animals. Reservations required and $10 donation for local animal shelter. 5-7 pm: Sketching Kid’s Book Characters. After a tantalizing talk on drawing characters, Katy & the group will draw characters together. Kids should bring a pencil and are encouraged to bring a friend. Snacks and beverages will be served. Visit www.kensingtonstobartgallery.com or call 978-823-0022.
Dervy Street/Lower Lafayette St. (LOLA)
- Howling Wolf Taqueria (76 Lafayette Street): Mass Poetry Festival-Poets Meet-up at Howling Wolf, 76 Lafayette Street Salem, MA 3:30-5:00pm. Visit www.feedyourwolf.com or call 978-744-9653.
- Witch Dr. (109 Lafayette Street): Glass Blowing Demonstration and Gallery opening with Maggie Armstrong. Call 978-594-0658 for more information.
Derby Square/Front Street
- Front Street Coffee House & Salem Arts Association – Join us for a very special reception for Salem Arts Association Artists Ellen Hardy and James Bostick for the opening of their month long gallery show entitled “Liquid Light: Photograms” @ Front Street Coffeehouse. Music by Bad Actors. 6-8pm. Call 978-740-6697 for more information.
- Maria’s Sweet Somethings (26 Front Street): Join us for a sampling of chocolate and other gourmet treats including a chodolate dipping demonstration. Also receive 10% off any purchase between 5-10pm. Visit www.mariassweetsomethings.com or call 978-825-9111,
- Boston Bead Company (10 Front St): Join us this First Friday for our Sea Glass Ring making workshop. Visit www.bostonbeadcompany.com or call 978-741-2323
Church/Museum Place Mall/Essex Street
- 3 Potato 4 (Museum Place Mall): Mention First Friday Freebie for free “space sauce” (6-8:00pm). Visit www.facebook.com/3p4shop or call 978- 744-0948.
- A Sacred Place Wellness Center (Museum Place Mall): Join us for massage, training tips and refreshments! Visit www.asacredplacesalem.com or call 978-744-1600
- Glass And Etc. (Museum Place Mall): Take 15% off the price of any item over $10. If paying with cash, take an additional 5% off. (6-8pm). Visit www.facebook.com/glassandetc or call 978-745-1900
- Milk and Honey Green Grocer (32 Chruch Street): Stop by for tasty samples and 10% discount on purchases over $10 for mentioning First Friday! www.milkandhoneysalem.com – 978- 744-6639
- Pamplemousse (185 Essex Street): Stop for a special wine tasting event. Visit www.pmousse.com or call 978-745-2900.
- Village Tavern Grill and Oyster Bar (168 Essex St): Enjoy 50% off appetizing appetizers (5-6pm). Visit www.villagetavernsalem.com or call 978-744-2858
Townhouse Square (Washington & Essex Streets)
- Caffe’ Graziani (133 Washington Street): Circolo Italiano- Meeting and dinner with Italian speakers discussing all manner of topics. Visit www.caffegraziani.com or call 978-741-4282.
- Flying Saucer Pizza Company (18 Washington Street): Join us for a night of sci-fi board games! We’ll have our games out for you to play while you try one of our pies. Choose from Star Wars to The Walking Dead board game. Visit www.flyingsaucerpizzacompany.com or call 978-594-8189.
- Gulu-Gulu Café (247 Essex Street): European style café in downtown Salem! Catch LandForm AKA Eric Landers. (8pm). Visit www.gulugulucafe.com or call 978-740-8882.
- Laura Lanes Skin Care (242 Essex Street): Mirabella make-over night-2-8pm! Free Make-overs with a $25 or more purchase of Mirabella Make-up. (Must call 978-741-877 and schedule an appointment) Gift with purchase, refreshments will be served. Visit www.lauralanes.com or call 978-741-8777.
- Treasures Over Time (139 Washington Street): Stop by Treasures Over Time and learn about all the birthstones available for Mother’s jewelry. Enter a drawing to win a $25.00 gift certificate towards a piece of Mother’s Day jewelry which we will special order for your Mother. Visit www.treasuresovertime.com or call 978-745-2330.